Seattle to Yakima to Tri-Cities
From Epic Transit Journeys
Sound Transit Route 554(1)
|Issaquah Transit Center||Issaquah||10:22||1:21||3:23||7:44|
King County Metro Route 209
|Factory Outlet Stores(3)||North Bend||11:23||2:35||4:30(2)||8:43|
Bellair Charters Airporter Shuttle(4)(5)
|Yakima Transit Center (8)||Yakima||3:15||6:15||(7)||(7)|
People for People Yakima-Prosser Connector
|Stacey Street Transit Center||Prosser||6:03||9:30(9)|
Ben Franklin Transit Route 170
Knight Street Transit Center(10)(11)
|Monday-Friday. (Schedules change on weekends and/or service may not be available).||Total Time = 9 hours and 4 minutes||Total Fare = $27 (14)|
- Service between downtown Seattle and Issaquah is also available by taking Sound Transit route 550 from the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel and transferring at Bellevue Transit Center to routes 555/556 with service to Issaquah Transit Center.
- At this time, you will have to pay King County Metro's one-zone peak fare, which is $2.50 (versus the $2.25 off-peak fare.)
- Route 209 stops in front of VF Outlet and the Airporter Shuttle stops in front of Pendleton Woolen Mills (facing northwest from the Route 209 stop).
- The Airporter Shuttle has service direct from Seattle with stops at Sea-Tac International Airport and King Street Station. If interested in this option instead of boarding in North Bend, visit the Airporter Shuttle website for the full schedule and fare chart.
- Be sure to note that a seat on the Airporter Shuttle may not be available without a paid reservation 12 hours in advance (24 hours for those with ADA requirements.) Also note that the bus will not stop in North Bend unless a there is a passenger travelling to/being picked up there.
- The Airporter Shuttle stops in front of the CWU Starbucks, while the Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter stop is at the end of E 10th Ave (look for the small traffic circle with the tree in the middle near the Student Union building).
- At these times, if you need to get all the way to Yakima, make your Airporter Shuttle reservation to be North Bend to Yakima (cost is only $4 more).
- The Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter and the Yakima-Prosser Connector stop on the street on the west side of the transit center, facing the clock tower.
- This trip terminates in Zillah. *Does not stop in Prosser.
- BFT Rt. 170 serves the Tri-Cities from Knight Street Transit Center in Richland. There are several different options from Knight Street Transit Center to different destinations within the Tri-Cities. You can see more on their website here.
- On Saturdays, Rt. 170 leaves Prosser at 10:15/6:15 and arrives at Knight Street TC at 11:15/7:15.
- This departure is direct from Prosser to the BFT Bus Barn in the Richland Y area. If you need to continue on to a destination in the Tri-Cities, reserve a ride on Night Service
- Standard BFT fare is $1.25. An Add-Fare of $1 is charged for service on Rt. 170 for service past Benton City. Some drivers will enforce this, while some won't.
- The total fare will only be $24.75 if you have an ORCA card with an E-Purse.